Amanda Leckman, Esq
Amanda is a litigator focusing on personal injury and products liability cases.
She spent the first fourteen years of her career as an electrical engineer, working at Raytheon in Los Angeles and Massachusetts and then Qualcomm in San Diego. At Raytheon, Amanda worked as a systems engineer in a variety of technical areas, including execution of radar simulations, radar interface unit (RIU) testing and integration, presentation of analysis into peer review, and showcasing of flight test readiness. At Qualcomm, she served as a Senior Engineer, developing MATLAB graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and developing scripts to automate Windows GUI testing.
During her time at Jones Day and in her capacity as a registered patent agent, Amanda focused much of her work on the prosecution of patent applications. Her work covered a wide variety of fields, including machine learning, medical devices, solar technology, file and database management software, natural language processing, and electromagnetic simulation software.
Amanda’s analytical acumen and experience with solving complex technical problems make her an invaluable asset to the team. Amanda currently splits her time between Pittsburgh, PA, and San Diego, California.
- BS, electrical engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2003)
- MS, electrical engineering, University of Southern California (2007)
- JD, University of San Diego (2019)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- California Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
Awards & Recognitions
- CALI Award for Excellence in Privacy Law, Spring 2018
- 3rd Place, 2018 Essay Competition, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)