At Bernheim Kelley Battista & Bliss, LLC, our Florida purchase and sale of business attorneys provide pragmatic, solutions-focused legal advocacy to businesses and entrepreneurs. No matter your circumstances, our business law team is ready to help you find the best answer. If you have any questions about buying or selling a business, we can help. To set up a fully private case evaluation with an experienced Florida business lawyer, please contact us today.
Know Your Options for Buying or Selling a Company in Florida
When buying or selling a company in Florida, you will need to determine the best way to structure the transaction. There are actually two main ways to transfer ownership of a business. Depending on the specific circumstances and your objectives, your best option may be:
- Asset Purchase (Asset Sale): With an asset sale, the buyer agrees to purchase specific assets and property controlled by the company instead of the business as a whole. A key benefit of an asset purchase is that the buyer can limit their liability risk. However, the buyer could also lose out on certain intangible assets—such as contracts—held by the business.
- Stock Purchase (Stock Sale): With a stock sale, the buyer agrees to purchase the entire business. For a business buyer, a stock sale can be advantageous as it allows them to take over all tangible and intangible assets owned by the company. However, a stock sale also increases the buyer’s potential liability risk—as they now have clear responsibility for the liabilities of the business.
We Represent Clients in Disputes Over the Purchase and Sale of Business
When you enter negotiations to buy or sell a business, it is imperative that you pay attention to the small details. Unfortunately, there is a lot that can go wrong in the process. You may end up in a dispute over the purchase or sale of a business before, during, or after the transaction is finalized. Our Florida commercial litigation attorneys are solutions-driven, trial-tested advocates for business owners and entrepreneurs. We can help resolve a dispute over a business sale.
How Our Florida Business Law Attorneys Can Help
Commercial transactions are complicated—especially if you are preparing to buy or sell a business. At Bernheim Kelley Battista & Bliss, LLC, we help clients with all aspects of business transactions, including disputes. Among other things, our Florida purchase and sale of business lawyers will:
- Answer questions and explain your options during a confidential consultation;
- Help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of certain strategies;
- Gather all of the documents, records, and other information you need to proceed; and
- Take whatever legal action is required to ensure that your best interests are protected.
Call Our Florida Purchase and Sale of Business Lawyers Today
At Bernheim Kelley Battista & Bliss, LLC, our Florida purchase and sale of business attorneys are experienced, effective advocates for our clients. We are here to protect your legal rights and business interests. Contact us now for a confidential initial consultation. Our commercial law team helps clients with purchase and sale of business throughout Florida.