Louis R. Battista, Esq.
Louis Battista is board-certified in Civil Trial Law by both The Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Such an distinction identifies Lou as an expert or specialist in his field.
He is AV rated, the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which signifies that a lawyer has reached the pinnacle of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
Lou has been selected as a member to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), a national organization that seeks members with the requisite trial experience, high moral character and honorable reputation. He has been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine, Florida’s Super Lawyers and South Florida’s Legal Guide as being among the elite trial attorneys in Florida.
Prior to joining the firm, Lou was a partner at Krupnick Campbell, a preeminent personal injury firm in Fort Lauderdale, where he litigated cases statewide for 16 years. He then went on to head the litigation department as a named partner at Toral Garcia Battista for several years. There, Lou began to focus his practice on brain and spinal cord injury cases throughout the state of Florida.
For over 25 years, Lou has successfully represented catastrophic injury and wrongful death clients and now utilizes his rich years of experience and expertise in civil trial law to effectively represent clients at BK Law.
As a specialist in his field, Lou realized that his clients and their families needed much more than just legal care. His clients needed help navigating the difficult health care system and assistance with caring for their loved ones, often overwhelmed by the tragedy of the injury, medical care and impact on their family.
Lou has developed a team approach to meet those needs during the client’s long road to recovery. He is in constant contact with his clients and they have instant and direct access to him and his staff.
Lou is originally from Port Washington, New York, located on the north shore of Long Island. He received his undergraduate degree from the State University of New York at Oswego, New York, where he was a standout scholar-athlete, making the President’s List and leading his college baseball team to three conference Championships.
He obtained his law degree from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida where he was a board member of both the Law Review and Moot Court Society, earned The Florida Bar Trial Lawyer’s Award, and was selected as a National Member of the Order of Barristers.
Lou has been married for over 25 years and he and his wife are the proud parents of three children. He is a member of St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Lou is a former college baseball player, an avid baseball fan and coach and an enthusiastic runner.
Selected Membership & Education
- Civil Trial Law, 2008 – The Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Peer Review Rating:
- AV Rated, Highest Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Dir.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- Florida Trend Magazines ‘s “Florida’s Legal Elite”
- Florida’s “Super Lawyers” List
- South Florida Legal Guide’s “Top Lawyers”
- Life Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Paul May Professionalism Award, Broward County Bar
- One of the Top 30 Graduate Success Stories, Nova Southeastern University Law Center
- Legislative Leadership Award, Florida Justice Association.
- Florida, 1994
- US Supreme Court, 11th Circuit Ct Appeals, All Federal District Courts in Florida
Education and Honors:
- J.D. – Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Law Review, Moot Court Society, Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Award, National Order of Barristers
- B.A. – State University of New York, Oswego, NY
Presidents List, Baseball Team
- The Florida Justice Association
- The Florida Bar
- The National Institute of Trial Advocacy
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Member, National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section
- Member, Broward County Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Past Board of Directors, Florida Justice Association
- Member, Past Alumni Board of Director, Nova Southeastern University Law Center