At Bernheim Kelley Battista & Bliss, LLC, our Florida mergers and acquisitions (M&A) attorneys are devoted to providing top level, fully personalized legal guidance and support to businesses and entrepreneurs. If you have questions about an M&A transaction or you are locked in a dispute over an M&A deal, we can help. Contact us today for a confidential initial consultation with an experienced Florida business lawyer.
What to Know about Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
Mergers and acquisition transactions have been growing rapidly in recent years. According to a recent report from Reuters, global M&A volume hit a record $5.8 trillion in 2020. Broadly defined, the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) is a generalized term used to describe the consolation of business through various types of commercial transactions. You will often hear words “mergers” and “acquisitions” used together, or even interchangeably. Though, these terms refer to two distinct things:
- Merger: In the corporate finance world, a merger is the combination of two or more business entities. Businesses come together to form a separate legal entity that operates under a new name.
- Acquisition: With an acquisition, one company acquires another. Most often, this means that the acquiring company is buying the other company outright—either through a stock purchase or an asset purchase.
Conflicts Can Arise During Any Aspects of an M&A Deal
With an M&A deal, it is imperative that the parties get the small details right. Seemingly minor errors can lead to big problems down the road. A legal dispute can arise during an aspect of a merger or acquisition. A lot is at stake in an M&A dispute. Our Florida business litigation attorneys represent clients involved in commercial disputes in M&A transactions. We provide proactive legal representation dedicated to helping our clients find the most efficient and cost effective solutions.
How Our South Florida Mergers and Acquisition Lawyers Can Help
M&A transactions are notoriously complex. At Bernheim Kelley Battista & Bliss, LLC, we help companies navigate transactions. If a dispute arises, our commercial litigation team is already ready to take immediate action to protect your interests. More specifically, our Florida business law attorneys will:
- Answer questions and explain your rights/options during a comprehensive consultation;
- Review contracts and provide guidance with your M&A transactions;
- Organize and prepare all of the documents and records needed to support your case;
- Advocate for your best interests during any settlement negotiations; and
- Take whatever legal action is necessary to protect your best interests.
Speak to Our Florida M&A Attorneys for Immediate Help With Your Case
At Bernheim Kelley Battista & Bliss, LLC, our Florida mergers and acquisitions attorneys have the professional skills you can trust. If you have any questions about an M&A deal or an M&A dispute, our business law team is here to help. Call us now or contact us online for your fully confidential consultation. We provide commercial litigation representation throughout Florida.