William Isenberg, Esq.
William (Bill) Isenberg is an AV rated trial lawyer. AV is the highest rating given by Martindale Hubbell for professional competence and maintaining the highest ethical standards. Bill lives in Plantation, Florida and prides himself on his pre-deposition and pre-trial preparation of his clients. Bill brings a wealth of experience in complex business and commercial litigation to Bernheim Kelley Battista & Bliss. He has tried over 150 jury trials to verdict and has represented clients at both the trial and appellate levels.
Notable Cases And Results
- Bill represented an employee who brought an action against her employer for failing to pay her bonus. The Defendant offered the employee nothing. Bill filed a lawsuit and obtained a final judgment of over $650,000.
- Bill represented a client against the FEC for damage to goods shipped by the client. Bill obtained a six-figure final judgment following a jury trial in federal court for FEC’s violation of the Carmack Amendment.
- Bill served as outside litigation counsel for Bell Canada for South Florida construction litigation until Bell Canada moved its fiber optic business out of Florida.
- Bill represented a large restaurant whose existence was threatened by its corporate landlord when the landlord wrongfully decided to change the tenant mix in its shopping center. The landlord tore up the sidewalk in front of the restaurant under the guise of “remodeling”, removed the restaurant’s sign, etc. When Bill brought a lawsuit against the landlord, the landlord’s “big law” attorney ironically told Bill that he “usually only handles million-dollar cases”. Bill settled the case pre-trial by obtaining cash, rent concessions, improvements to the rental space, signage and attorney’s fees that totaled over a million dollars.
For several decades, Bill has been referred cases by other attorneys from across the State of Florida due to his experience in handling litigation cases from start to finish and his incredible record of obtaining results for his clients. He is a lawyer that the other lawyers go to when they need help.
Bill’s experience has ranged from serving as outside litigation counsel to some of the largest institutions in North America, to representing small and large businesses for commercial litigation matters, to representing major banks, such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase in defending against FDCPA and FCCPA lawsuits and other federal and state causes of action.
Not only do other lawyers refer their friends, family and clients to Bill but they also contact him to assist them with their cases as co-counsel. Bill has been hired to assist lawyers in trying cases, selecting juries and cross-examining the opposing side’s expert witnesses.
In addition to his litigation practice, Bill takes great pride in serving as a mentor to less experienced attorneys on complex litigation issues.
- Construction litigation; commercial and residential
- Breach of non-compete agreements, breach of employment contracts
- Purchase and sale of businesses
- Real Estate litigation; commercial and residential, including breach of purchase and sale agreements
- Securities litigation
- Mortgage and lien foreclosures
- Copyright and trademark infringement
- Mergers and Acquisitions litigation and arbitration
- Complex landlord-tenant litigation
- Other civil litigation
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeal
- Adjunct Professor, Pretrial Procedure at Nova University School of Law
- Volunteer judge- Nova University School of Law- Trial and appellate court levels
- Law School: Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Mass.
- College: Boston University, B.A. Boston, Mass.
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association